1/3 cup + 1 heaping Tbsp, all natural peanut, or almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup grade ‘b’
1/2 cup unsweetened all-natural applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 cup finely shredded zucchini (skin left on)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (You can use Lily’s brand sweetened with stevia, you may use any high percentage cacao chips, this will add a bit of sugar…depending on what you use) – divided in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Spray 8×8 brownie pan with nonstick spray, or wipe pan with coconut oil.
- Pulse oats in blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Using mixer, cream peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla till smooth. Add zucchini, cacao powder, ground oats, baking soda, and sea salt; mix until combined.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Cool before slicing into squares.